Sunday, September 8, 2013

Gluten Free Monster Cookies!

Hey Happy Tummies!

How was everyone's weekend?



I was spoiled this weekend. I got to go home to celebrate my mom and brother's birthdays!




Yep. So I got some quality family time. And loved every minute of it.

So, I wanted to do something special for my brother for his birthday. He has recently gone gluten free, so I thought...why not de-gluten-ize his favorite cookies and make him a batch!!! So that's exactly what I did.  And let me tell you...these were a hit.




Yep, everyone gobbled them up. By the end of the weekend, all 24 cookies had been devoured! And they're allllllmost good for you!!




And the best part: they're gluten free!!!



Here's what you need: (makes 24 LARGE cookies)

3 eggs

1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
1 cup organic white sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/4 Tbsp corn syrup
2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 stick softened organic butter
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 1/2 cups certified gluten free oats
1 1/2 cups organic raisins
7 oz (1/2 a bag) sweetened shredded coconut
1/4 - 1/3 cup salted sunflower seeds


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together in the given order in the largest bowl you have. The batter will be thick and sticky. Use an ice cream scoop and scoop 6 cookies on each parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 13 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. You'll think they're really underdone, but they're not. They'll firm up and be perfect. Makes 24 cookies.




So, I wasn't able to eat these, because they aren't SCD legal, but these used to be my all-time favorite cookie. These are seriously the best cookie on the face of this earth. I know,I know...that's quite a statement. But it is the absolute truth.




First of all, they're SO moist and chewy. Something magical happens in the center of these cookies. The butter, peanut butter and sugar create this caramel-like gooeyness in the center. Just this ooey gooey goodness that only can be achieved by under baking them:)



The raisins are sticky and chewy have an intense sweetness that is complimented perfectly by the salty sunflower seeds. And the coconut becomes all toasty in the oven and gives the cookie a decadent texture and flavor.




Finally, I think it goes without saying, but peanut butter is the food of the gods. Seriously. I mean, there's even a restaurant, Peanut Butter & Co. in NYC that is dedicated to it. And trust me, the peanut butter is the star of the show in this cookie.



And I don't think it's possible to describe how good the kitchen smells when these cookies are baking: peanut butter, sugar, toasted coconut -- Yankee Candle wishes it could replicate this heavenly smell.




Do yourself a favor: make these cookies. Give half away...or not. Just try and get them into the oven without eating all the cookie dough first. I may or may not have lost a few would-be cookies to batter snatchers:)





Want more GFHT?  You can now get my e-cookbook, The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy for only $2.99 on Amazon!

1 comment:

  1. Aww happy birthday to your mom and brother! How nice that you got to spend time with them! These cookies look and sound so delicious!! I bet it was a perfect gf birthday treat for your brother :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!