Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Coconut Mango Vodka Slushy! GF, V, SCD!

Hey hey everyone!


I'm still riding cloud nine from the Fourth of July.



Independence Day in the Northwoods of Wisconsin is so fun. Everyone decorates their boats in patriotic gear. It's one big party!



So my mom has a super high powered Ninja blender that makes amazing blended drinks. She and the gals in my family enjoyed what's called a rum chatta collata. Well, it contains lots of dairy, sugar, and rum....so it is definitely NOT SCD friendly! (It's rum chatta spirit (dairy based), pineapple juice, rum, coconut cream, and nutmeg.)



But I'm not one to miss out on a "fru-fru" vacation drink! So I concocted one that I could drink!!

It's completely SCD legal!! I wanted to find a flavored vodka, but all the ones I could find have LOTS of added sugar and artificial ingredients. BUT I finally found a winner!! Skinnygirl Coconut Vodka! It's just made with vodka and coconut water! No added sugar!! Wooo!!


SOOOO I blended: (makes 3 drinks)
4 cups ice
1 cup coconut vodka
juice of 1/2 lemon & 1/2 lime
8 drops of pure liquid stevia (SCD omit)
1 cup raw organic mango juice

Blend on high for about 30 seconds until it resembles a slushy.

Holy cow you guys this is SO INCREDIBLE!! I may or may not have had the entire thing by myself that day:) Oops!!



It's like an adult slushy. And the best part is that it didn't hurt my tummy! The ice really waters down the juice so it's not overly sweet. It's very light and refreshing! It tastes like you're on vacation!



And the color is just gorgeous. That tangerine orange -- so sunny and bright!

My sister-in-law tried both and said that she actually preferred my Coconut Mango Slushy over the Rum Chatta Collata because it was lighter and more refreshing for a hot day.


Adios for now!


Want more GFHT?  You can now get my e-cookbook, The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy for only $2.99 on Amazon!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post for the happy pictures and the happy hour cocktail! I love it when you share your time from the lake, and it looks like you had a wonderful time. Not to mention, the drink sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ingrid! Yeah it was an absolutely wonderful time at the lake. Nothing like being with family on the water! I definitely miss it already! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!