Saturday, January 5, 2013

“Spaghetti” w/ Pink Sauce! GF, V, & SCD!


2013!!!!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful time last night ringing in the new year. I know I did!!
This is going to be a fabulous year, I can just feel it!
super yum!!
super yum!!
Did you make any new year’s resolutions? I know I did…I’ll let in you in on one…to post more exciting recipes! I’m super excited about sharing them with you!
Here’s one to kick off Jan 1…I made this the other night for my parents.
so many yummy veggies!
so many yummy veggies!
They LOVED it. I mean, they were raving about it, telling me I need to rethink my career path (acting) and open a restaurant.
What was it?  “Spaghetti” w/ Pink Sauce!
Spaghetti w/ Pink Sauce!
Spaghetti w/ Pink Sauce!
And it’s gluten free, vegan, and Specific Carb Diet friendly!
So how’d I make spaghetti without any grain?….Because it’s SPAGHETTI SQUASH!!
you mean that's not really spaghetti?!
you mean that’s not really spaghetti?!
And it is sooo good!
SO GOOD!
SO GOOD!
Here’s what you need: (serves 3)
Sauce:
1/2 onion, diced
4 roma tomatoes, diced
1 medium carrot, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1 zucchini, diced
10 mushrooms, sliced
1 spaghetti squash, pricked and nuked :)
basil, sliced thin (garnish)
Prick your spaghetti squash with a fork all over…a lot! Then, put it in the microwave for about 9 minutes on a paper towel. Flip it half way through. Carefully (it’s hot!) take it out and let it cool for a few minutes. Meanwhile, toast your pine nuts on a dry pan over low heat. Also, sauté your onions and carrot in 1 tsp EVOO, with salt, pepper, your oregano and basil. Let them soften for about 8 minutes, until the carrots begin to get tender. Then, stir in the garlic for about 2 minutes, and finally stir in your tomatoes. Let them cook for about 2 minutes. Then, transfer this mixture to the food processor and process along with your pine nuts until smooth.
Next, brown your mushrooms in a pan with 1 tsp EVOO. Once they brown, add in the zucchini, salt and pepper and let them cook for about 3 minutes.
Once your spaghetti squash is cool enough to handle, carefully slice it in half lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds. Then, with a fork, scrape the sides, creating spaghetti strands! Place a mound of spaghetti on the plate, and top with several scoops of the sauce. Then, place a scoop of zucchini and mushrooms. Top with a bit more sauce and basil. DIG IN!!
so delicious!
so delicious!
This meal was SO good…just ask my parents! My mom even posted it on facebook! Haha
The spaghetti squashed has such a wonderful texture…it’s like al dante spaghetti! And that sauce…oh my gosh it absolutely MADE the meal! It was so velvety and creamy! My mom’s words, “I can’t believe there’s not butter or cream in here!” There you have it folks!
gluten free, vegan, and Specific Carb Diet friendly!
gluten free, vegan, and Specific Carb Diet friendly!
Finally, the flavors and textures were wonderful. The slurpy, kinda crunchy spaghetti squash with the creamy sauce and chewy mushrooms were so fabulous. The flavor of the sauce was rich and buttery from the toasted pine nuts. And the basil gave such a fresh and bright flavor to round it out!
what a meal!
what a meal!
This meal’s a definite 10!
What are some of your New Year’s resolutions?
Until tomorrow!
Food Processor Alert!!! This meal was brought to you by my fabulous food processor! You may have noticed, I'm slight obsessed with mine:) I use it every day! Here are the tools I used in this recipe:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!