Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins!


I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am to share this recipe.  First…a little background:
Every Christmas my mom makes this AMAZING pumpkin tea bread and gives it as gifts to our friends. It is so delicious and so full of gluten. I remember just eating the batter by the ladle-ful growing up…it was that ridiculously yummy. And she’d undercook it so it was still batter-y and wet in the very center. Ok..enough…I’m beginning to salivate.
Well anyway, pumpkin bread has been The #1 Thing I’ve missed since being gluten free.
But have no fear glutenless lovies: GF pumpkin goodness is here for the taking! And since its made with almond flour, you can even lick the bowl!!! (If you’re cool eating raw eggs).
yum yum yum!
I found this gem of a recipe here from Glugle Gluten Free Blog.
My only tweak to the recipe was that I used EVOO instead of grapeseed oil, and I was quite shy in the agave department. I baked mine for 19 minutes and they were perrrrrfect!
Their texture was delectable. They were super moist, yet light and airy! They were not at all dense, crumbly or chalky like so many other gluten free baked goods. They were truly a treat! And with only 1/4 cup of oil, you can enjoy them guilt free! Sounds like the perfect snack or morning goodie to me!
Enjoy and try not to eat them all in one day!
mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!