Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cool Cucumber Burgers with "Creamed Spinach"


So maybe not the most beautiful of photos, but let me tell you, it was scrumptious!
I served a bunless chickpea burger with a cucumber tahini sauce from The Fat Free Vegan (click for recipe). I served it with delicious black rice.  I love the texture of black rice: its chewy, rich and nutty, and has such amazing flavor when you cook it with vegetable stock (low sodium, of course). Along side, I served creamed spinach.  This can be a trick for vegans, because it's traditionally made with butter and cream (both no-nos). I found a great recipe by Ecolicious Life. I tweaked it a bit by using fresh spinach, and half the oil. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo of all the fabulous ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. The photo is not so good but getting a good picture of black rice is crazy hard. I love the sound of this recipe. I also love the texture of black rice (really a grass) and I make 'oatmeal with it in the slow cooker. Love your imagination....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!