Sunday, December 30, 2012

Broiled Flounder w/ GF Mushroom Asparagus Pasta!


The key to great food is great ingredients.  Using the highest quality ingredients, and simply letting their flavors shine.  That’s just one reason why I’m such an advocate of eating organic. Another reason is simply for health! Conventional fruits and veggies have so many pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, chemical fertilizers, and not to mention the fact that they’ve been genetically modified to be bigger, brighter, shinier, and “aesthetically perfect.” All of those toxic chemicals enter your body and get into your blood and organs. Doesn’t sound like a recipe for a happy tummy to me!
That’s why Lobsta Bakes is so amazing! Their fish is wild ocean caught! This means that their fish hasn’t been pumped with antibiotics, fed GMO corn and ground up fish, and kept in crowded waters with 1000s of other fish getting no exercise or fresh water. No, Lobsta Bakes is the best of the best. Fresh caught from the ocean and flown in each morning from Maine. You CAN taste a difference.
delish!
Ok, so for dinner tonight, we had broiled flounder. I broiled it for about 10 minutes with 1 tsp EVOO, salt, pepper, and lemon zest and juice. Delicate, flakey, and full of wonderful flavor.
yum!!
With our fish, I served Mushroom and Asparagus Pasta. Ooh boy, was this good. Creamy and actually…meaty! The mushrooms made it have a meaty texture and deep, rich flavor! And the asparagus gave it beautiful fresh crunch! Here’s how I did it.
1 bunch asparagus, chopped into 1 in sections
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 portobello mushroom cap, sliced into bite size pieces
2 BIG garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup vegetable stock
3 Tbs shredded goat cheese (Old Kentucky Tomme)
pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper
I started by chopping my asparagus into about 1 in pieces, and then I steamed them for about 5-6 minutes. In the meantime, I sautéed my onion in 2 tsp with s and p until tender. I then stirred in the garlic and mushrooms, and let them cook until soft, about 6-7 minutes.  Once they are tender, add the wine and stock…it will be soupy! Let it reduce for about 3-4 minutes. Once it has reduced by 1/2, stir in the shredded cheese. Then stir in the asparagus. Let them heat through, toss with pasta and you’re good to go!
gorgeous mushroom asparagus pasta
This meal was so wonderful. It was comfort food. An “A+” my mom said. I’ll take that! Healthy food that has amazing flavor. Thanks to organic produce and ocean caught fish!
moist and flakey flounder!
Here’s my juice today! We got some kale, so its much greener! Kale, celery, carrot, apple, lemon and ginger. WOO!
kale-celery-carrot-apple-lemon-ginger
Here's the juicer I use: I did a lot of research and found that *in my opinion* Breville makes the best. It's an investment, but extremely worth it. 

Happy tummies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!