Saturday, December 29, 2012

Breakfast for Dinner! Scrambled Egg and Avocado Burritos!


Things are looking up around here! The healing process is slowly inching forward with the higher intake of protein! And with the new addition of farm fresh pastured eggs to my repertoire, what better dish to serve then Breakfast for Dinner!
More specifically, this dish should be called Scrambled Egg and Avocado Burritos! This dish was YUMMO.
Check out that glorious brown rice tortilla!
I first sautéed onion, red and green pepper, mushrooms and spinach, and then poured in 5 whole eggs and 2 egg whites *beaten*. (this was feeding 3). I added salt and pepper and scrambled them up! I served it in a brown rice tortilla with some avocado slices and diced tomato on top.
Lets have a tortilla heart to heart.  For GF-ers, flour tortillas are obviously a “no no.” And corn tortillas, although they are a nice substitute, are chuck full of preservatives and usually made with GMO corn. Well, do not fret my wheat avoiding lovies. Food for Life makes AMAZING, I repeat, AMAZING brown rice tortillas. My parents even love them. Their texture is chewy and stretchy and rivals the flour tortilla! Since we discovered these at our health food store 2 weeks ago, I have literally eaten at least one every day!
Breakfast for Dinner was a very satisfying treat that I hope you try out! Happy tummies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!